Skip to main content

RKMEDIA Facebook

Real Madrid submit evidence to UEFA in Vinicius racism probe

 

 Real Madrid CF say they have supplied “all available evidence” to UEFA as the governing body investigates allegations of racism made by forward Vinícius Júnior.

The Brazil international said he reported racial abuse by a Benfica player to referee Francois Letexier

during Tuesday’s Champions League knockout round play-off tie in Lisbon. Real Madrid identified the player in question as Benfica winger Gianluca Prestianni.

UEFA confirmed on Wednesday, February 19, that it had opened a disciplinary investigation into events at the match. Real Madrid subsequently issued a statement outlining their cooperation.

“Real Madrid CF announces that it has today provided UEFA with all available evidence regarding the incidents that occurred [on Tuesday, Feb. 17, during the Champions League match that our team played in Lisbon against SL Benfica,” the statement read.


“Our club has actively co-operated with the investigation opened by UEFA following the unacceptable episodes of racism experienced during that match.


“Real Madrid is grateful for the unanimous support and affection that our player Vinicius Jr. has received from all sectors of the global football community. Real Madrid will continue working, in collaboration with all institutions, to eradicate racism, violence and hatred in sport and in society.”

The match was temporarily paused in line with UEFA protocols after Vinícius alleged he had been abused following his goal celebration. Play was halted for approximately 10 minutes before resuming, with the forward completing the full game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAF executive issues rare apology after AFCON chaos says ‘Morocco were robbed’

    A senior Confederation of African Football (CAF) official has issued a rare public apology to Morocco’s national team over the chaotic Africa Cup of Nations 2025 final, saying the rules were not applied correctly and Morocco was treated unfairly. Samir Sobha, president of the Mauritius FA and a member of CAF’s executive committee, told The

“Life hasn't been easy on me and i'm suicidal” - Mirabel finally opens up about her rap£ allegations

  Mirabel finally confesses that her rape allegations were all false, she made up the story in her head, created the fake

Ubi Franklin has a question....

    From the desk of music executive, Ubi Franklin